March has been particularly problematic month for Microsoft as the company has been struggling with new Windows 10 updates including the dreaded printer problem. Microsoft has patched most of the printer related problems over last few weeks. And now, the company has released an optional patch to fix bunch of bug fixes.
The patch, KB5000842 update is available for Windows 10 version 2004, and Windows 10 20H2. The update aims to reusolve a bunch of issues with the operating systems including problems with dark screens as well as other monitor glitches along with OneDrive related system crashes.
The full list of updates as follows:
- Updates an issue with zoom that occurs when using Microsoft Edge IE Mode on devices that use multiple high-DPI monitors.
- Updates an issue that makes high dynamic range (HDR) screens appear much darker than expected.
- Updates an issue that causes video playback to be out of sync in duplicate mode when you use multiple monitors.
- Updates an issue that displays nothing or shows “Computing Filters” indefinitely when you filter File Explorer search results.
- Updates an issue that makes the split layout unavailable for the touch keyboard when you rotate a device to portrait mode.
- Informs users when a child account in the Family Safety plan has administrative privileges.
- Updates an issue that prevents you from closing Toast Notifications using the Close button on touchscreen devices.
- Updates an issue with 7.1 channel audio technology.
- Updates an issue that causes a device to stop working if you delete files or folders that OneDrive syncs.