As original Red Dead Redemption remains to be console exclusive, Rockstar surprised everyone when the publisher announced that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be released for PCs. The game is finally available on Windows PC from today and as expected, Rockstar has revealed that the title has got several enhancements that weren’t possible for consoles due to their hardware limitations.
In the official press release the company noted that the title was optimized to take full benefits of improved hardware options. Some of these changes include increased draw distances for better navigation, higher quality global illumination and ambient occlusion for improved day and night lighting, support for high-end display setups with 4K resolution and beyond, multi-monitor configurations, widescreen configurations, faster frame rates, higher resolution shadows and improved textures.
Additionally, Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC also includes following features:
- 3 New Bounty Hunter Missions: Apprehend a trio of wanted fugitives – thief Herman Zizendorf, Ex-Confederate Officer Camille de Millemont and gang leader Bart Cavanaugh.
- 2 New Gang Hideouts: Take on the deadly Del Lobos gang at Gaptooth Breach and Solomon’s Folly.
- 2 New Treasure Maps: Hunt for treasures across the new Landmarks of Riches and The Elemental Trail maps for Gold Bars and other rewards.
- New “To The Ends of The Earth” Mission
- A host of new Weapons, Horses and Trinkets to collect.
If you are interested in playing the game, you can grab a copy from the Rockstar Games Launcher as well as the Epic Games Store for $59.99. If you were hoping to purchase the game from Steam, you’ll need to wait couple of more months as Rockstar said that they’ll release the title on Steam by the end of the year.