If you are currently playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance as well as other popular multiplayer games such as Fortnite, PUBG, then you will be glad to know that AMD has released its latest Radeon driver update which will deliver performance boost for these titles.
Thanks to the latest update 18.2.2, gamers of Kingdom Come: Deliverance will see a performance increase of up to 3% on RX Vega 56 and up to 5% on RX 580 graphics cards compared to the previous driver. As for other titles, Fortnite players with an RX Vega 56 on their machines can expect a 3% performance improvement, with the RX 580 getting a 6% boost. Additionally, PUBG players will see 5 percent performance increase on RX Vega 56 and 7 percent on RX 580.
AMD noted these following fixes with the latest driver update,
- Radeon FreeSync may intermittently incorrectly engage during Chrome video playback resulting in playback flicker.
- Radeon Overlay hotkey may fail to bring up the overlay or may cause a Radeon Host Application crash intermittently on a limited number of gaming titles.
- Radeon FreeSync may rapidly change between min and max range when enabled causing stutter in fullscreen games on multi display system configurations.
- Flickering may be observed on the performance metrics overlay when Enhanced Sync is enabled on some Radeon FreeSync connected `displays.
- A random system hang may be experienced after extended periods of use on system configurations using 12 GPU’s for compute workloads.
- Water textures may appear to be missing in World of Final Fantasy™.
- The GPU Workload feature may cause a system hang when switching to Compute while AMD CrossFire is enabled. A workaround is to disable AMD CrossFire before switching the toggle to Compute workload
In case you are looking to update your driver, head to the Radeon Settings interface to download the latest update.